Interview Techniques - Top Tips
- Do your homework on the company, check out their website, and understand more about them as a company.
- Plan your journey, leave yourself enough time for travelling and arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Plan what you are going to wear beforehand, dress accordingly for the job, this is another chance to make a good first impression.
- Take another copy of your CV with you.
- Know who you are meeting, so you can ask for the relevant person on your arrival.
- Always shake hands when greeting people, look them in the eye with a polite smile and listen to what they have to say.
- Be prepared, know your CV inside out, they will ask you questions on different areas of your CV and you need to be able to answer with an efficient response, keep your answers to the point and in a relaxed manner, try not to chat too much or move off topic. Have some impressive facts & figures to hand, for example your best sales figures, creative ideas, how you cope with pressure, how much of a team player you are, or equally able to work from your own initiative.
- Smile, be confident and relax.
Equine Careers also offers a day course on Interview Techniques, including the CV Service, Confidence & Team Building, & Presentation Skills. The day includes lunch and is held near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
The CV course runs from 10am-4pm approximately.