Equestrian Products, Animal Feed and Bedding Sales Assistant & Purchasing Clerk.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent. Will include weekends on a rota basis.
Established over 40 years ago, TCS Country Supplies Ltd is one of Gloucestershire’s leading independent ‘country supplies’ stores. Strategically located between Gloucester and Bristol, we supply both products and services to the agricultural and equestrian market, in addition to selling to fencing contractors, landscape gardeners and the public.
- A successful Sales Assistant & Purchasing Clerk will:
- Pursue and grow business, whilst maintaining current customer rapports.
- Promote and sell equestrian products, animal feed and bedding.
- Have a sound knowledge of seasonal changes to most animal’s feeds and routines.
- Be a quick learner, a good listener and have a genuine passion for the industry.
- Use social media, and other marketing techniques within budget to promote and grow your area.
- Liaise with suppliers, create purchase orders and process customer orders with strict attention to detail.
- Be a team player in addition to a self-starter, and be prepared to cover the counter or other areas in the store if needed.
- Be comfortable with achieving targets set.
- Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least Five A* - C’s at GSCE level.
- A full and reasonably clean UK Driving Licence.
- Be IT literate and use all Microsoft programmes efficiently.
- You must possess a sound understanding of equestrian and agricultural terminology.
- Experienced in selling to the equestrian/agricultural industry.
- Appropriate contextual ‘hands-on’ experience.
- An outgoing and social outlook due to the nature of the job.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- An R-SQP qualification.
- Diploma or equivalent qualification in an agricultural/equestrian based field.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- 24 days’ holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Eligibility to enrol into the company's pension scheme.
- Generous staff discount.
The store is based in Berkeley, Gloucestershire - so candidates will need to live locally to this area.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES