Baileys Horse Feeds, one of the leading horse feed manufacturers in the UK, is looking for an Area Sales Manager to cover the Eastern region of the country.
Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and South Lincolnshire
- Managing and developing a variety of customers including, wholesalers, direct and non-direct retailers, and horse owners within a sales territory.
- Meeting Retailers and Wholesalers to carry out effective business reviews.
- Identifying and implementing activities to generate product sell through.
- Liaising with retailers to identify and secure potential new customers via yard visits.
- Consulting and giving feed advice to horse owners in a variety of disciplines, from leisure to professional riders.
- Educating consumers and retailers on products and modern feeding practises – delivering talks, in-store training and feeding advice.
- Recruiting new customers
- Attending trade and equine events, locally and nationally as required.
- Reporting and updating CRM in line with company policy.
- Sharing and reporting on competitor activities.
Essential experience & skills
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of equine disciplines and the equine industry
- Excellent communicator and a proven ability to build positive relationships with customers
- Ability in managing key accounts
- Identifying and gaining new business opportunities
- Self–organised and confident to work independently
- Effective time management and journey planning
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- IT & PC literacy – Microsoft Word, Power Point and CRM systems
Beneficial experience and skills
- Proven experience developing a sales territory
- Knowledge of the smallholder and poultry retail trade
- Experience in merchandising and display in stores
- Developing business through multi digital channels, eg. Facebook, Instagram
- Using Microsoft Team, Zoom or other digital communication tools
- Presentation skills
- Analytically minded
- Problem solver
Salary commensurate with skill level. Company pension and health insurance available after probationary period.
If you would like to apply to join us, please submit a full CV and salary expectations by 12 August, to Lorraine Rice at Baileys Horse Feeds. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES