EQUUS (www.equus.co.uk) was founded in 2013 and has grown from start-up to become the UK’s fastest growing online only equestrian retailer built on the principle of “by riders, for riders”.
We are now recruiting for a Assistant Buyer. This is a new position where you will implement and maintain a new process within our business. The person we are looking for will have:
- extensive experience in a Retail Head Office environment within a Buying and Merchandising team
- knowledge and understanding of the Equestrian market, consumer behaviour and attitudes from a customer angle.
Whilst you will be based at our Head Office in Wyboston Lakes, the job will involve a mixture of working from home, being onsite at our warehouse in Walkern and being in Head Office for day-to-day work & meetings. You therefore need to be able to commute to both Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire and Walkern, Hertfordshire.
If this sounds like you read the job spec below and then apply with your CV & covering letter.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Plan and maintain our Product Range both pre-season and throughout the trading period
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships to deliver cost effective supplier solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Continuously monitor market activity through regular competitor analysis, gather market intelligence in order to take appropriate commercial action
- Purchase Order creation and management between Head Office and suppliers
- Participate confidently in trade meetings, demonstrating a strong commercial ability.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to understand and identify what will appeal to customers
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out budgets/forecasts and understand sales figures
- Sound decision-making skills
- The ability to independently plan and prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Natural problem solver with an efficient and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
Capability, knowledge & experience
- Experience as Assistant / Junior Buyer
- Good all-round IT skills, i.e. a whizz around the keyboard!
- Knowledge of e-commerce would be an advantage.
Education & Qualifications
- Impressive experience in an Assistant / Junior Buying Role
- Relevant Degree in the Retail Sector
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Equestrian knowledge and experience.
What's on offer
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Buyer to join a fast growing ecommerce business
- Career development and unrivalled scope for progression
- Great salary with benefits.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES