East/West Midlands & Wales
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary + OTE
Location: Field based – Wales, East & West Midlands
Established in 1832, manufacturing a range of agricultural products, Battles has grown to be one of UK’s largest and most respected Equine & Animal Welfare wholesalers, with over 250 brands and 20,000 skus.
Battles are seeking a Business Development Manager, to cover Wales, East & West Midlands.
This is an exciting, opportunity for a confident, articulate individual, who has a strong desire to drive sales and offer exemplary customer service, to an established B2B customer base.
The successful candidate will be target driven, adaptable, enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills, a passion for Equine/Animal Health and have proven skills in securing sales. They will demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, but also as part of a wider team.
Field based, the role will involve travel and some overnight stays. The appointed candidate, will visit Head Office for Sales Team Meetings (Lincoln, Lincolnshire) a minimum of 5 times per year, facilitate sales meetings with customers in the onsite showroom and will be required to attend ad-hoc weekend trade shows when required.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Present current range, new products and promotions to drive sales via retail premises and e.comm websites
- Interrogate & analyse data to effectively formulate action plans, drive sales and report actions against targets
- Deliver a high level of customer service, to assess customer needs, offer support and implement action plans
- Develop and implement efficient call cycles, which secure sales to deliver business targets
- Implement In-season and forward order processes
- Evaluate/collate customer feedback and liaise with relevant business teams
- Support customers with the presentation of products which best represent brands
- Support customer event days and complete in store training
- Demonstrably high level of business acumen & problem solving, with the ability to quickly assess customer needs, identify potential opportunities and secure sales.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships and deliver excellent customer service, with strong written and verbal communication, via email, telephone and face to face interactions
- Good IT skills are essential to utilise relevant IT equipment and systems to produce & assess data and process orders
- Ability to work on own initiative
Attitude & Behaviours:
- A love for selling
- Positive, focused, target driven & forward thinking, with a passion for exceeding expectations
- Demonstrate the drive to go the extra mile, in the quest to drive sales opportunities within the business
- Well-presented and highly articulate
- A strong team player, who can work autonomously, or as part of a team to deliver business objectives
- A proven track record of minimum 2 years successful B2B field sales or a managerial role within equine retail.
- Excellent knowledge of the Equestrian/Animal Health industry
- Knowledge of Battles portfolio of brands will be an asset, but not essential
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office
- Clean driving licence
To apply, please email your CV, with covering letter, detailing your interest, suitability for the role and your salary expectation to email@example.com
N.B. Due to the high volume of applicants it may not be possible to respond to all applicants. If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES