KBIS British Equestrian Insurance are the UK’s leading independent equine insurance specialist. We're seeking to recruit a motivated, professional and dedicated Claims Handler to join our team at our rural office near Newbury, Berkshire.
About The Role
Your primary task is to assess all equine claims and to liaise with clients, veterinary professionals and Underwriters to expedite the claim process.
As a claims handler you will -
- Handle all types of equine claims from veterinary fees to saddlery and tack under delegated authority
- Manage case/work load in accordance with service level agreements and customer expectations on daily basis.
- Communicate with Policy holders, Veterinary Professionals and Third Parties over the telephone, via email and in writing
- Manage the customer experience throughout the claim
- Show a good level of technical knowledge when interpreting veterinary reports
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions whilst taking into account the customer’s circumstances.
- Understand the regulatory environment in which we work
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active person, who is a team player and can work under occasional pressure. The ideal person will have a willingness to learn, an in depth knowledge of equine anatomy and the insurance industry.
- Build good rapport/relationships and show negotiation skills along with being competent and confident in interactions with Veterinary Professionals, Underwriters and Policy Holders
- Accurately assess claims and show good attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Have experience and confidence in using computer systems and software
- Ability to work within agreed timescales and deadlines and be flexible alongside customer demand.
- To be proactive in identifying problems and constructively look to find solutions.
- To work actively as part of a team and contribute towards delivering team performance
Full training will be provided. Salary negotiable depending on experience, benefits include a pension and medical insurance after the completion of a successful probationary period.
Please submit your CV and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES