This is a great opportunity for a Sales Manager to join Grandstand Media Limited (GML) to head up the sales team for Horse of the Year Show and the British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show, two of the most prestigious equestrian events in the UK.
This role will suit a proactive sales person who can bring their unique skills and experience, to drive sales and progress a performing sales team. The primary focus of this role is to develop partnership opportunities and drive continual sales growth for the commercial elements including sponsorship, various hospitality streams, retail and accommodation. The ideal candidate will need to achieve and exceed sales revenue targets and performance objectives.
Grandstand Media is a team of specialists with many years’ experience planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 60,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show was added to the company profile in 2015.
This is a full time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally during an event the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for up to ten days in October and at NAEC Stoneleigh in August each year.
This person will report directly into the Event Director. This is a role with a high level of responsibility and would suit a proactive sales person that has excellent management experience.
- Working with the Event Director and internal teams to develop and deliver the sales strategy, activation plans and initiatives to meet objectives for the events that we deliver.
- Management of all personnel within the Commercial Sales Team, including their development against the sales plan and targets.
- Delivering against targets for GML through all revenue streams including but not limited to; Sponsorship, Trade stands, Hospitality and Ticket Packages, Champions Bar, Licensing, Merchandise, Accommodation.
- Self-source new business clients/opportunities from prospect through to sale to maximise revenue.
- New business proposals/presentations and attending new business meetings, with a focus on creating new partnerships for the events.
- Ensure sales administration activities (reports, meetings, plans) are completed in effective and timely manner.
- Ensure accurate use of CRM system across the Sales Team.
- Provide weekly forecasts on new business opportunities and demonstrate strong pipeline management skills.
- Support the marketing team to evaluate customer research, market conditions and data to produce effective and engaging sales and marketing plans for the events.
- Be knowledgeable about the business sector, customers, competitors and products to sell the events and the products/services to new and existing customers effectively.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven sales record of achievement of targets in an event related sector.
- At least three years sales experience ideally working in an events industry including new business and retention sales experience.
- Preferably experience of effective marketing campaigns.
- Sales and results driven - a good work ethic, positive ‘can do attitude’, hunger for new business and a desire to succeed.
- Proven capability to manage and lead a team in a high performing and fast paced environment.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills - excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Relationship building skills that helps build trust and rapport with new, existing and lapsed customers.
- Interest in keeping up to date with current issues within the business sector and the event industry as a whole.
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems and MS Office
(including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO Personnel@grandstand.co.uk BY FRIDAY 9th March
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES