Stallion AI Services are looking for an organised and customer focused person to join our growing team. We are the UK's leading stallion semen collection centre, caring for a variety of horses from world class competition horses to a variety of rare breeds.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced stud and would suit someone who is passionate about equestrianism but looking for office based work and who enjoys dealing with a variety of customers and problem solving, in a varied and rewarding role.
Title: Receptionist & Customer Services/Admin Assistant
Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday with ½ hour for lunch, 42.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive – dependent on experience
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Manager (& for Finance support – Accounts Controller)
- Responsible for reception and client areas, ensuring these areas are kept clean and tidy and create a good first impression to visitors. Ensure there are stocks of refreshments, liaising with sales/marketing to ensure that magazines and literature are up to date, tv operating, water cooler stocked.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, offering teas/coffees, signing in/out, allocating name badges, visitors book.
- Develop and manage a booking system for the meeting rooms. Ensure rooms are prepared in advance of meetings (clean, tidy and crockery and refreshments stocked and laid out) and cleared after each meeting
- Handle course registrations and meet and greet course delegates.
- Ensure all other client areas (such as toilets) are kept clean and stocked with toilet paper and hand soaps, bins emptied regularly by liaising with cleaning staff as required. Ensure hand towels are washed weekly.
- Responsible for ordering stationery and cleaning supplies, and develop a system to ensure cost savings by use of price comparisons.
- Managing and overseeing the cleaners, being the main point of contact, arranging their rota and managing the associated costs.
- Handling a variety of administration and customer service tasks, handling telephone, email and face to face enquiries and directing to the appropriate person or department. Taking messages.
- Managing all courier accounts – negotiating rates and over seeing all same day shipments using both outside suppliers and in house delivery staff, planning best and most cost effective use of resources, planning routes.
- Tracking of all UK and international semen shipments and trouble shooting when queries arise or re-directing to the head of the relevant department.
- Credit control – developing a clear system to manage bad debt and assist Accounts with dealing with declined card payments prior to shipping deadlines
- Assisting Accounts with invoicing and other accounts tasks at busy times as required.
- Working alongside the Sales Executive to conduct record keeping, completing and sending covering certificates.
- Providing admin support to the Heads of department when needed.
- Assisting with SAIS events.
- Writing up minutes from meetings.
- Highly organised
- Capable of prioritising and trouble shooting
- Strong people skills with the ability and experience of working with a range of colleagues, clients and customers
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Previous admin experience
- Someone who enjoys meeting new people
- A passion for offering fantastic customer service
- A keen interest in equestrianism
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach and a team player
- A professional manner
- Competent in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous experience of SAGE
- Previous experience of credit control
Applications submitted to email@example.com with a cv and covering letter, stating why this role would suit you. Closing date: Friday 3rd May 2019.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES