Job Type: Business Development / Marketing / Office Based / Retail / Sales
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
After a phenomenal year of growth, EQUUS, an online retailer in the equestrian sector, is recruiting a digital marketing expert to deliver our next stage of growth.
Leading a small digital marketing team, you will drive customer acquisition and retention, and raise awareness of EQUUS in the equine community.
You will do this by leading our marketing efforts across all channels – organic, paid, email, social, affiliate, brand and SEO.
This is an excellent opportunity for a digital marketer with a strong track record in delivering results to not only join a fast-growing company but also develop and shape its marketing function.
This role is office-based, at our Wyboston office. No home-working; you need to be able to commute to our office in Bedfordshire.
Read on to find out more and then apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your responsibilities will fall into 4 areas: Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, Community and Team Management.
You will generate traffic to our website via email, social media, pay per click, affiliate, SEO and content marketing.
You will maximise revenue from email marketing by:
• Growing our email subscription list.
• Creating and delivering optimised email creative campaigns and automated flows.
• Maximising Open, Click Through and Conversion Rates.
Social Media Marketing
You will maximise our revenue from our social media audience across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube by
• Implementing a cohesive social media strategy.
• Maximising audience engagement across our social media estate.
• Growing our social media audiences.
Pay Per Click Marketing
We are active across paid channels with campaigns on a number of Search & Shopping platforms, including Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube. You will maximise the revenue from these channels by:
• Overseeing all aspects of paid search, including campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.
• Maximising the efficiency of the paid search budget across all platforms.
• Developing bespoke paid search campaigns for marketing activities.
• Maximising Return On Ad Spend (ROAS) and Profitability.
We have a growing affiliate network and want to grow it even more in 2020. You will work with the Marketing Team to do drive such referral traffic and keep our affiliates happy & hungry for more by:
• Maximising traffic from affiliates.
• Recruiting affiliates in line with agreed goals.
• Designing and implementing affiliate campaigns that maximise returns.
Search Engine Marketing
You will maximise our organic traffic by:
• Working with the Marketing Team and Product & Content Team to ensure that all our digital content is optimised for organic search.
• Overseeing the reporting on ranking and reputation of EQUUS and its competitors, including feedback on those sites, blogs and forums that the Marketing Team should be targeting and could be working with.
• Maintaining an awareness of the latest developments in SEO.
You will maximise inbound traffic by creating, publishing and distributing content to targeted audiences online by:
• Working with the Product & Content Team to develop blogs, buying & size guides.
• Developing other content as appropriate, e.g. video and podcasts.
• Implementing the agreed Content Marketing Plan.
• Oversee analytics tracking and reporting across our digital marketing channels.
• Provide timely information on all marketing activity to senior management.
You will drive customer retention, including increasing Customer Lifetime Value, in the following areas: CRM and Remarketing.
Our customers are passionate about riding and their riding lives. You will support them by:
• Developing and managing a cohesive CRM programme, including database analysis, customer profiling, segmentation and retargeting activities.
• Implementing the CRM road map and any new email marketing initiatives.
You will implement and manage remarketing campaigns across paid search and email.
You will work with the Marketing Team to drive the acquisition and retention of customers via our Brand Ambassador Programme by:
• Recruiting and retaining Brand Ambassadors.
• Maximising the sales performance of Brand Ambassadors, motivating them to hit and exceed targets as required.
• Designing & executing marketing campaigns that engage our network of Brand Ambassadors, driving content production and amplifying our brand messages.
• Day-to-day management of our Brand Ambassadors, including regular liaison to offer support and gain insights.
• Utilising a mix of marketing activities to grow brand awareness through our network of Brand Ambassadors.
• Keeping up to date on the latest developments in Influencer Marketing.
You will manage a small team of digital marketing assistants so experience in people management is key.
You will also be comfortable communicating with senior management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Be a Graduate
• Have demonstrable experience in digital marketing with at least 5 years’ experience.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
You will have knowledge of equestrianism.
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic with at least five years of experience in driving the digital acquisition and retention of customers, preferably in a retail environment.
• Be a strong team player.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to impart detailed information in a clear and straightforward manner.
• Have a passion for digital marketing.
• Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Be well-organised and efficient with strong planning capabilities.
• Be able to work to multiple, competing deadlines.
• Have strong commercial acumen.
• Have strong Microsoft Office skills and a high level of numeracy.
BENEFITS & PACKAGE
• Excellent salary.
• Workplace Pension Scheme.
• Supplier discounts.
• Staff discount of 15%.
• 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday – Friday.
• 42.5 hours inclusive of breaks – see below.
• Unpaid ½ hour lunch break + 15-minute paid break morning & afternoon.
• As with any managerial role, you will be expected to work additional hours, as necessary, to ensure the smooth running of the business and to fulfil your own duties.
Send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Please tell us what you could bring to this role and don’t forget to include your current salary and, if applicable, notice period.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.