This is a great opportunity for an Equestrian Manager (maternity cover) to join Grandstand Media Limited (GML) to head up the equestrian team for Horse of the Year Show and other Grandstand Media Equine Events.
This role comes with a high level of responsibility and would suit a proactive person that has excellent equestrian knowledge (showing and Showjumping) who is able to bring their unique skills and experience to lead the equestrian team in a high performing and fast paced environment.
Grandstand Media is a team of specialists with many years’ experience of planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 58,000 visitors to the NEC in October each year. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Shows have since been added to the company profile.
This is a full-time temporary position (March – November) located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally, during an event the applicant may be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for up to ten days in October and other stay away locations as required at other times of the year.
The Equestrian Manager will report directly into the Event Director.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of Equestrian Co-ordinator and Equestrian Assistant - overseeing day to day work and training
- Project manage the development of the online system for Horse of the Year Show and for the additional equestrian projects that GML is involved in.
- Working with other departments within the company to deliver a successful competition timetable
- Proposing new competitions/timetable information for the equestrian side
- Delivering the schedule for HOYS
- Recommending to the Event Director a list of the shows where the HOYS qualifiers would be best placed and managing the communication delivery to all qualifying shows
- Liaising with all qualifying shows for results – showing and show jumping
- Inviting show jumping riders where necessary for competitions and liaising with British Showjumping and FEI
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have superb knowledge of the equine industry to include showing and show Jumping
- Proven capability to manage and lead a team in a high performing and fast paced environment
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills - excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Relationship building skills that helps build trust and rapport with competitors, judges, and officials
- Interest in keeping up to date with current affairs within the equine industry
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems and MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to work within a team environment as well as being able to use own initiative
- Good management skills
- Good time keeping essential
- Competitive salary
- Hours of work Monday-Friday inclusive, 9:00am – 5:00pm, based at the offices at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
- Working at events may require a minimum of 8 weekend days per annum
- The applicant must understand the requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during the Events.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER TO email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES