Are you passionate about delivering a high level of customer service?
Do you have an interest in working in the Equine sector?
We can offer a great opportunity to join a company that offers genuine progression.
Working closely with the Equine Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the full organisation and co-ordination of shows for the Carr, Day & Martin brand throughout the UK.
The objective of each show is to promote the use of the full Carr, Day & Martin range. This will in turn drive sales into local independent equine retailers, where our range is exclusively available.
- Meet regularly with the National Sales Manager and Marketing Manager in order to prepare for each event. You will agree the objectives for each show and support the team in developing a targeted plan to meet these objectives.
- Work closely with the team to agree the design for each stand at each event as the set-up will vary between shows.
- Prepare a structured annual events plan alongside the Marketing Manager.
- With the support of the National Sales Manager, co-ordinate a staffing & accommodation plan for each event and provide those attending with clear guidelines well in advance.
- Build strong relationships with event organisers.
- Organise the stand position and layout ensuring at all times the best possible stand position is achieved.
- Adhere to the budget set for each event.
- Review and update all show equipment on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for managing the storage and upkeep of all show equipment within the warehouse ensuring it is kept tidy and accessible at all times.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and Equine Business Advisor to ensure that the all literature, promotional items and products are available prior to each show.
Shows and Events
- Attend all shows to assist with set-up of the stand space, this will involve driving the Carr & Day & Martin van from our Lytham St. Anne’s base to any national/regional consumer show.
- Drive the Carr & Day & Martin trailer to shows.
- Set up the show space in preparation for the first day of the event.
- Operate the till whilst at the event, reconcile stock, and cash at the end of each day.
- Return the trailer following the shows completion, taking full responsibility for breakdown.
- Working with the other staff members to give away as many promotional bags as possible, particularly during the opening hours and using these to drive footfall onto the stand.
- Understanding of high level customer service.
- A background or understanding of the Equine sector is essential.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Willing to stay over at events throughout the week regularly.
- Outstanding time management & organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- An outgoing personality that enjoys engaging with the public.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Able to work under own initiative.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
Carr & Day & Martin is the UK’s oldest company involved in the manufacture of horse care products, having recently celebrated our 250th anniversary, we are widely recognised in the equine sector, with a portfolio comprised of category leading premium products, many of which are used by the Royal household.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES