Thunderbrook Equestrian is an equine feed and herbal supplement company wholeheartedly based on natural ingredients.
Good results speak for themselves and positive feedback & referrals from customers, farriers, barefoot trimmers, therapists and vets has been the driving force behind our growth since our formation in 2009.
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit for the role of Equine Nutritionist to join our small and friendly team.
This role requires a minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role and the successful candidate must hold an Equine Science Degree, Animal Science Degree or Veterinary Science degree and must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Equine feed requirements and associated matters – with the ability to confidently and correctly advise customers on natural feeding.
Aside from this the successful candidate will also be required to oversee a variety of tasks, including quality control and the various administrations involved with accreditation schemes including UFAS, Soil Association and other vital accreditations. It would therefore be a distinct advantage for any candidate to have a familiarisation of such matters.
As with any small team, this is an all-consuming role, with no two days the same, you will be a valued member of the team where everyone will muck in as required. The variety of tasks will range from – but not be limited to:
- Answering telephone and email nutritional enquiries
- Quality control and accreditation scheme administration
- Working closely with our marketing team to prepare content for our website and marketing materials that meets all legislative requirements.
- Assisting our managing director/senior nutritionist with the research and development of new feeds and supplements.
- Liaising with external laboratories in relation to the sampling of our feeds, supplements and ingredients so as to obtain up to date nutritional analysis
The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive and confident in their ability to correctly advise customers on the phone, via e mail and face to face at shows and events.
- Able to work from their initiative, and prioritise work
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and interpretation skills
- Flexible in their approach, able to work within a team and able to get stuck in to any task.
- Able to demonstrate considerable equestrian hands-on experience
- Be familiar with current industry legislation with regards to labelling requirements
This is primarily an office based post so ideally candidates need to live within commuting distance to our offices in Griston, Norfolk. There may be the option of working from home after an initial office based training period.
To apply: Please e mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with your salary expectations.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES