LOVE HORSES? LOVE FINANCE? READ ON!
EQUUS (www.equus.co.uk) was founded in 2013 and has grown from start-up to become the UK’s fastest growing online only equestrian retailer built on the principle of “by riders, for riders”.
We’re now recruiting a FINANCE ASSISTANT to help take the company through the next phase of growth. Working closely alongside the CEO & COO, you will help to run and shape the finance function for the business, running the day to day financial operations and implementing new processes to increase efficiency and control costs.
Read the job spec below and then apply with your CV & covering letter!
What you'll be doing
Working in with our CEO & COO, you will maintain accurate and complete accounting records for the company as well as producing budgets, forecasts and insightful data analysis regarding the performance of the company.
- Ensure all entries are accurately posted into the accounting system (Sage 50) on a timely basis
- Ensure the bank accounts are reconciled monthly
- Ensure debtors and creditors are reconciled and any overdue debtor amounts are collected
- Ensure invoices are paid on time in accordance with Directors’ instructions
- Help maintain the company’s statutory records
- Calculate and post accruals and prepayments
- Work with the external accountant to help prepare annual statutory accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Accurately produce and file the VAT returns in accordance with the deadlines
- Work with the Directors to produce and maintain cashflow forecasts and budgets
- Produce monthly management accounts with commentary on the performance of the business
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Supplier discounts
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Staff discount of 15%
- Bonus scheme and anniversary bonus
- 28 days holiday (20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays).
Hours of work and location
- Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- 37.5 hours inclusive of breaks
- Unpaid ½ hour lunch break + 15-minute paid break morning & afternoon
- You'll be based at our Head Office at Wyboston Lakes.
- ACA or ACCA or AAT or equivalent experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good all-round IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Word
- Good Excel skills including look ups and pivot tables
- Experienced in Sage 50
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experienced in PowerPoint and presentations
- Retail experience
- Knowledge of e-commerce
- Knowledge of equestrianism.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Proactive with a high level of common sense and initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and organised
- The ability to deliver high quality work to a tight deadline on a “can-do” basis
- Confidential in dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong customer service ethos
- Team worker but also happy to work unsupervised.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES