Reporting to the Finance Manager the Finance Officer’s core responsibility will be to provide support with the organisation’s sales and purchase ledger function but they will also provide more general support to the finance function as required.
- Provide support the sales ledger function, to include;
- Sales ledger maintenance and control
- Preparation of invoices from source data
- Monitor debtor levels and issue monthly statements as required
- Provide support with the purchase ledger function, to include
- Purchase ledger maintenance and control, including monitoring staff authority levels in line with the organisation’s finance regulations
- Payment of creditors
- Provide support with the maintenance and reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Deal with and resolve sales and purchase ledge queries
- Processing staff expenses
- Prepare annual P11D’s.
- Undertake various analytical reviews of financial and statistical data.
- Carry out other ad hoc accounts functions.
- Undertake general office administration duties (e.g. ordering stationery).
What you need to succeed
- Good working knowledge of accounts systems and practices
- Extensive working knowledge required of Sage 50 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team of professionals and volunteers and to support their needs in a demanding environment
- The ability to self-manage time to ensure effective administration.
- Logical in thought and action
- A team player with a “can do” attitude and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to entertain new ideas and seize challenges that arise.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others
As the needs of the business change this role will change accordingly
To apply please complete an application form and send to email@example.com by Friday 26th November 12 noon.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES