Dodson & Horrell has become a respected authority on animal nutrition. The priorities of the Technical Department revolve around quality assurance, research and development in order to grow the reputation of the business with industry leaders whilst providing cutting edge and scientifically innovative products and services to our clients.
To support the Consultant Nutritionist, Head of Technical, Marketing and Commercial teams in the process of research and development of new and existing products as well as the dissemination of product nutrient info internally and externally.
To support the operations team in the milling process of recipes
- Manage the Nutritional Helpline and provide support and direction of development projects.
- Support the Marketing team and Commercial team with the help of the Nutritional Helpline and Technical sales team members, on technical writing, editing, and educational material prep and training programme maintenance.
- To drive the automation of technological systems in place
- Issue formulations, recipes and batch sheets to the mills as required.
- Prepare datasheet information and maintain version control.
- Prepare labels.
- Familiarise oneself with current industry legislation with regards to labelling requirements
- Work with the Purchasing department to prepare statutory text for bags.
- Provide secondary support on internal audits.
- Work with the Regulatory Affairs Manager, Compliance Manager, and Customer Care Manger to ensure legislation procedures are met on export paperwork.
- Work with Head of Technical, Consultant Nutritionist, and Purchasing team to monitor raw material use and identify potential new materials and their associated cost/benefit analysis.
- Forecasting for software improvements and training within overall Technical Department budget
A BSc level degree but preferably an MSc in animal nutrition, animal science, veterinary science, or the physical sciences with complementary industry CE and certifications is desirable.
A proven track record of field experience, particularly in the animal feed industry would be beneficial but is not essential.
Exposure to formulation software beneficial but not essential.
- Strong communications skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels.
- Category/brand knowledge across all segments.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Deliver great customer service.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role.
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills across the market.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for internal applications to be received: 5pm on Wednesday 26th June 2019
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES