Westgate EFI is one of the UK’s foremost equestrian distributors since the 1980s.
It includes famous brands such as The Mark Todd Collection, Gatehouse Hats, Science Supplements, StableKit and Jumpers Horse Line (JHL)
As part of our continued growth we are looking for an experienced General Manager based at our Northampton headquarters.
As a senior manager, you will be at the heart of the operation, leading from the front and engaging your team to deliver the highest standards of customer service, whilst working closely with your team to hit various business targets.
This position is a fast paced, hands on role where productivity and customer service is key.
- Run and manage the operation including customer service, logistics, production and ongoing business development.
- Coach and delegate to your Assistant Manager to ensure a smooth running of the business.
- Coach and develop your team through detailed training, empowering them to be their best and hit their personal goals.
- Hands on approach managing every aspect of the operation and communicating key plans and strategies.
- Being able to cope in a challenging, demanding and expanding workplace.
- Think outside the box – developing ways to be the market leaders.
- Working with our customers and suppliers to ensure we are delivering our goals
Skills & attributes required:
- Experience in a similar role is essential along with extensive knowledge of the country and equestrian sector.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about engagement, development and customer service.
- Smart business acumen with ability to develop and implement strategies.
- Planning and prioritising ensuring the business runs smoothly whilst delivering the highest standard of service.
- Communication skills to inspire and deliver key messages
- Passion to work from the front, setting the standard for your colleagues to follow.
- Flexible working requirements.
- Responsible for health and safety controls
- Responsible for scheduling and training
- Must be comfortable with ERP systems and accounting software.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES