Salary: up to £40,000 plus per annum – Depending on Experience
The Infrastructure Engineer will undertake design, implementation and support of the core Weatherbys Group infrastructure. They will be responsible for managing technology design, as well as evaluating and selecting technologies required to achieve the company goals. Finally they will provide expertise or assistance to others as appropriate through informal and formal design and architecture reviews and on aspects of overall technical delivery.
- Deliver structured and maintainable infrastructure implementations, covering areas such as SAN, NAS, Server hardware & firmware, VMware, VDI, Windows server and ADFS.
- Design, implement and test both new infrastructure and enhancement to existing infrastructure.
- Support the Service Desk Manager with any Major Incident Review reports following an outage of any system that impacts business operation.
- Provide ownership and drive on infrastructure approaches and technical standards across the team.
- To estimate infrastructure implementation costs and timescales.
- Participate in the out of hours on call rota.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, VMWare & VDI. As well as strong knowledge of Microsoft Technologies.
- Microsoft and VMWare certifications or equivalent are desirable
- Call handling in an ITIL aligned environment.
- Experience in end-to-end change process.
- Willingness to cross skill with other areas of the team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, able to work independently and with a team.
This role is based in our Wellingborough office.
Weatherbys upholds the principles of equality and diversity and actively promotes opportunity for all employees both current and prospective.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES