LOVE HORSES? LOVE RETAIL? READ ON!
EQUUS (www.equus.co.uk) was founded in 2013 and has grown from start-up to become the UK’s fastest growing online only equestrian retailer built on the principle of “by riders, for riders”.
We are now recruiting for a Junior Buyer. This is a new position where the candidate will implement and maintain a new process within the business. The candidate with have extensive experience in a Retail Head Office environment within a Buying and Merchandising team. Ideally with knowledge and understanding of the Equestrian market, consumer behaviour and attitudes from a customer angle.
If this sounds like you read the job spec below and then apply with your CV & covering letter.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Plan and maintain the Product Range both pre-season and throughout the trading period
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships to deliver cost effective supplier solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Continuously monitor market activity through regular competitor analysis, gather market intelligence in order to take appropriate commercial action
- Purchase Order creation and management between H/O and suppliers
- Critical Path Management with a good level of Garment Technology understanding to aid the processes
- Participate confidently in weekly/ monthly trade meetings demonstrating a strong commercial ability.
Capability, knowledge & experience
- Good all-round IT skills, i.e. proficient with a computer
- Experienced Assistant / Junior Buyer
- Knowledge of e-commerce would be an advantage.
Education & Qualifications
- Impressive experience in a Junior/ Assistant Buying Role
- Relevant Degree in the Retail Sector
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Equestrian knowledge and experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to understand and identify what will appeal to customers
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out budgets and understand sales figures
- Sound decision-making skills
- The ability to independently plan and prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Natural problem solver with an efficient and methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
What's on offer
- Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Junior Buyer to join a business on the cusp of growth
- Career development and unrivalled scope for progression
- Great salary with benefits.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES