Job Type: Business Development / Design / ECommerce / Editorial / Events / Journalism / Management / Marketing / Merchandising / Office Based / Publishing / Retail / Sales / Social Media
A fantastic opportunity for a Marketing & Communications Manager to join Grandstand Media Limited (GML), to lead the planning and implementing of the digital marketing strategy, continuously reviewing some of the most prestigious equestrian events in the UK.
This is a diverse role to ensure the continual development of the marketing strategies, authoring and production of marketing material and the execution of campaigns for a market leading consumer show. The candidate will have experience in utilising an established brand and maintaining an online identity to ensure growth for the show. The ideal candidate must demonstrate both traditional and digital marketing experience, and knowledge in a consumer-focused event environment to achieve and exceed revenue targets and performance objectives.
Grandstand Media Limited is a team of specialists with many years’ experience planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 58,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Shows were added to the company profile in 2015.
This is a full-time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally, during an event, the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for up to ten days in October.
This person will report directly into the Event Director. This is a role with a high level of responsibility and would suit a proactive person that has excellent management experience.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working with the Event Director and Heads of Departments to develop and deliver the marketing strategy, plans and initiatives to meet strategic objectives and KPI’s for the events and services we offer.
• Ability to create, manage and deliver engaging and powerful marketing campaigns within budget and monitoring and reporting on ROI.
• Report on the performance of various marketing campaigns, including digital channel analytics (e-shots, social and web).
• Advice and guidance in all aspects of traditional, digital and online marketing to increase quality enquiries, brand and product awareness and penetration.
• Custodian of our brand guidelines and marketing plans.
• Support the sales and operational teams to evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to produce effective and engaging marketing plans.
• Developing and working effectively within an annual marketing budget and delivering effective marketing and sales promotion content and activity on time and within budget.
• Management of event participation at various industry events and award functions.
• Internal communication across all business divisions and external suppliers / partners.
• Sourcing, building and managing databases to maximise sales promotion activities, ensuring all data is compliant with data protection regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring the accurate capture and maintenance of data - ensuring accurate use of CRM system and data management.
• Management of external suppliers including Website.
• Work with the various teams to create effective sales collateral, presentations, proposals and lead generation campaigns.
• Copywriting for promotional material, website and press releases.
• Be knowledgeable about the business sector, customers, competitors and products to sell the events and the products/services to new and existing customers effectively.
• Oversee the management of two industry magazines, including content, design, sponsorship and distribution, supporting the editor as part of your team to effectively drive revenue through advertising and subscriptions.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Creativity and initiative in a marketing environment.
• Proven track record of a succeeding against sales targets, creating, managing and delivering marketing campaigns in an events related sector.
• At least three years marketing experience ideally working in an events or equestrian industry
• A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Results driven - a good work ethic, positive ‘can do attitude’, hunger for new business and a desire to succeed.
• Proven capability to manage and lead a small team in a high performing and fast-paced environment.
• A basic understanding or experience within traditional print media.
• Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills - excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Relationship building skills that helps build trust and rapport with new, existing and lapsed customers.
• Interest in keeping up to date with current issues within the equestrian sector and the event industry as a whole.
• Proficient in the use of CRM systems and MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• A basic understanding or capability across Adobe Creative Cloud would be beneficial.
• Competitive salary
• Hours of work Monday-Friday inclusive, 9:00am – 5:00pm
• Working at events may require a minimum of 8 weekend days per annum
• The applicant must understand the requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during the Events.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.