Stromsholm Ltd - Established in 1972, Stromsholm Ltd has over 40 yearsâ€™ experience and is proud to have been awarded the Royal Warrant from her Majesty The Queen.
Stromsholm has grown from selling horseshoe studs from the kitchen table, into the UKâ€™s leading specialist both in hoof care and horseshoes.
Today many of the worlds top race horses and competition horses are shod with Kerckhaert Horseshoes which Stromsholm are proud to distribute
Reporting directly to the Operations Director - we are currently seeking a Material Planning & Purchasing Executive to join our team.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Regularly update MRP system with accurate stock levels.
- Create purchase orders in SAP and communicate with suppliers in a timely fashion by email and telephone.
- Expedite/follow up orders already placed with suppliers and proactively communicate internally with relevant departments to avoid loss of sales.
- Through effective management of MRP ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained, in the right place and with appropriate shelf life
- Monitor and review causes of stores wastage and use by date expiry, Stock control at Milton Keynes and depots.
- Reconciliation of stock and periodically monitor and review slow moving/obsolete stock at Milton Keynes/depots and making recommendations for improvements in stock control process and applying corrective action to MRP systems and processes where necessary
- Liaise with Accounts and warehouse to ensure accurate booking in of Materials, to include the management of credits from suppliers relating to non-conforming products
- Ensure all requirements for non-material (overheads) items are processed in a timely manner and costed inline with the site accountant's requirements
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly management reports as required by the management.
- New Products - Discuss and co-ordinate with parent company in Holland and Sales & Marketing for the launch of new/existing products. Collect all product data, pricing and inform marketing, sales team and depots.
- Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Flexibility in their approach, with the ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment.
- The ability to use their own initiative, pre-empting situations to ensure adequate stock availability.
- Excellent accuracy & attention to detail.
- The ability to build relationships - both internally and externally and being able to work as part of a team are paramount to this role.
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in MS Excel and have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- An understanding of MRP is essential.
- SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Analytical, multi-tasking & prioritising skills.
- A familiarity of farriery products or having worked in a similar stock related role would be an advantage.
The role is based from our Milton Keynes offices and candidates therefore need to reside locally to MK6
To apply please send your CV, covering letter and details of your salary expectations to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES