Are you a Commercially Astute Leader with a proven track record in operations management? Are you passionate about seeing the order process through and dealing with any problems that arise efficiently? If this sounds like you, please read on...
Leeds LS11 5HP
Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience
Full time, Permanent
Finest Brands International is the distributor of TOGGI apparel and footwear and CHAMPION Riding safety hats and body protectors, to the equestrian and country/lifestyle sector. We have an immediate vacancy for an Operations Manager.
About the Operations Manager Role:
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will form a key part of the senior leadership team, which will encompass complete management of the sales order and fulfilment process. You will provide inspired leadership for the organisation and maintain good quality standards for all products.
- To manage and report on organisational productivity and efficiency.
- To concentrate on matters concerning the company’s operational performance and work to improve the operational procedures, principles and systems.
- To help the company to promote high morale and communicate the company’s operating policies, customer issues and safety measures.
- To review and approve operational invoices and forwarding them to payment.
- To ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- To act as the lead on key commercial negotiations, such as pricing and discount negotiations.
- To work with both the Sales and Operations Functions to provide, pricing, commercial analysis and advice focused on large client opportunities and strategic projects.
- Offer ideas and concepts which can be implemented practically to further drive the business efficiency. Including identification of new projects and market trends.
- To liaise with the production company with sales forecasts by product and initiate ordering by the input of purchase orders.
- To implement formal sales reviews with appropriate departmental representation to agree the requirements of the orders and plan accordingly.
- Manage customer demand with accurate forecasting to facilitate capacity planning with the Production Company.
- Liaising with suppliers on delivery queries.
- Create new product codes & price lists, & associates price lists.
- Be an escalation point for customer queries and those from the Sales Team.
- Prioritise orders for dispatch and allocate stock.
- Lead on the development and promotion of continuous improvement within the department, and wider business.
- Responsibility for improving the commercial performance of the business.
- Analysis, review and development of initiatives to improve key account performance.
- Review of product pricing and feedback to the Design Department.
- Liaison and support of field sales team.
- Liaison and support with key customers including monitoring and control of stock levels for major accounts.
- Working alongside the Brand Managers to investigate and support continuous improvements.
About the Successful Operations Manager Candidate:
Finest Brands are looking for someone with at least three years experience in operations management, project management or similar roles. The right person will have a track record of high performance and the ability to deliver outstanding results consistently. They will require extensive knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management and must be familiar with the operational concepts, practices, and procedures. Ideally, the successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of retailer relationship in the equine market.
Required Skills and Experience:
- IT Literate with Strong numerical and Microsoft Excel skills and a working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, critically think, and understand complex problems.
- High level of business and commercial acumen with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense approach to business, sales, and relationship development.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of customs procedures and formalities and the ability to follow set procedures.
- Ability to take direction as well as manage own time dependent on workload.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to influence people at all levels.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to create performance reports which identify issues and opportunities. Experience with statistical analysis and data processing is essential.
- Able to present recommendations to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment.
- People/leadership skills, able to lead cross functional teams and inspire high performance from colleagues.
- Extensive experience in making policies, the ability to devise definite plans and dedication to accomplish goals.
How to apply for the Operations Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Operations Manager job please follow this link http://bit.ly/FBI-OpsMgr and complete your application, or email your cv to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES