Equine America (UK) Ltd has been the leading international supplier of equine supplements for over 20 years offering a complete range of natural quality feed supplements and applications including our premium joint supplement CORTAFLEX®
We have experienced significant growth over the last 2 years, we are seeking the input of a senior manager in the role of Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operational activities of the company and supervise office & warehouse-based staff.
- Be responsible for delivering monthly reports on sales and expenditure
- Undertake marketing activities as required, working with the marketing team
- Oversee stock control and be responsible for placing purchase orders
- Assist with staff recruitment and HR
- Act as deputy to Managing Director
- Work closely with approved suppliers and team of nutritionists to maintain supply and assist in developing new products.
- Manage customer demand with accurate forecasting to facilitate capacity planning with the Production Company.
- Manage policy and procedures across the department and ensure they are adhered to
- Maintain the quality management system including documents and records pertaining the quality management systems
- Conduct internal audits and participate in external audits and resolve any issues arising
- Ensure that company systems comply with assurance scheme requirements
- Ensure all relevant members of staff are aware of policies and procedures put in place relating to HACCP and Quality Management Systems
- Maintain an understanding of feed safety issues in accordance with assurance schemes
- Monitor staff training
- Ensure traceability systems for feed are robust.
- Ensure customer complaints are recorded and resolved in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Ensure customer service is embedded in everything we deliver
- In conjunction with the managing director, ensure that all necessary Health & Safety inductions are carried out.
- Assist with importing and exporting goods to/from the EU and rest of world.
Equine America UK Ltd are looking for someone with at least three years’ experience in operations management, project management or similar roles.
The right person will have a track record of high performance and the ability to deliver outstanding results consistently. They will require extensive knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management and must be familiar with the operational concepts, practices, and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- IT Literate with Strong numerical and Microsoft Excel skills and a working knowledge of Sage 50 & Sage 200 preferable.
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, critically think, and understand complex problems.
- High level of business and commercial acumen with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Common sense approach to business, sales, and relationship development.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of customs procedures and formalities and the ability to follow set procedures.
- Ability to take direction as well as manage own time dependent on workload.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to influence people at all levels.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to create performance reports which identify issues and opportunities. Experience with statistical analysis and data processing is essential.
- Able to present recommendations to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment.
- People/leadership skills, able to lead cross functional teams and inspire high performance from colleagues.
- Extensive experience in making policies, the ability to devise definite plans and dedication to accomplish goals.
Equine America Head Office is based in Horsham, West Sussex so the successful candidate needs to live within an hour of that location.
To apply or discuss the post further please send your CV and covering letter stating your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES