More than 80 years ago, Dodson & Horrell began developing and producing the best possible agricultural feed on the market. We wanted to make the finest product money could buy and we set out to be the most trusted supplier.
We are currently seeking for the role of Performance Horse Specialist to work in the South East. This is a field based role reporting to the Key Account Manager.
To develop the business across thoroughbred and performance equine trade for D&H; in particular racing yards, stud farms, equestrian yards and specialised merchants, delivering product portfolio growth by increasing distribution, growing market share and increasing profitability year on year.
To provide nutritional advice and support to customers and company staff in line with the company business plan and in a manner befitting D&H’s high profile within the equine market.
To undertake a technical sales responsibility with selected customers and provide technical sales support to other staff as appropriate.
- To develop an annual plan on how the business will grow within specified areas
- To ensure all enquiries and quotations are followed up promptly and pursued to a conclusion
- To report progress on a weekly and monthly basis in terms of meeting objectives, progress and performance volume, profit and sales mix targets, plus attending and participating fully in monthly sales meetings and reviews as necessary
- To develop and maintain good customer relationships at all times
- Team GBR: support work as necessary and as advised.
- To assist in the formulation of a sales strategy, input into new product development and enhancing current formulations and recipes to maximise profitability and reputation.
- Develop and market any R&D projects/services and/or concept sales stories the company has to customers. Guidance on product development from a principle point of view/in field requirements.
- To recommend the appointment of new customers on both a direct and indirect basis.
- To plan and implement agreed promotions strategies within the specified area in line with budget.
- To promote the range of products as shows, and with customers where and when necessary as agreed with the Directors.
- In house training and support of sales team, help line and others as required.
- To obtain reliable information regarding competitors
Degree in Animal Nutrition/Animal Science/Equine Studies to BSc level, preferably to MSc or working towards this qualification.
If a general animal science course, then some evidence of specialisation in equine, e.g. MSc or work experience.
Several years of field experience in the Thoroughbred industry would be beneficial but not essential.
- Strong communications skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels is a prerequisite.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Category/brand knowledge.
- Extensive travel required – ability to develop effective journey plans is essential.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Delivery of great customer service.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role.
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills across market and account statistics.
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate to:
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES