Based at Stoneleigh Park working across the group of events including British Showjumping National Championships and Horse of the Year Show. The ideal candidate will have strong literacy skills with a creative writing flair. Exceptional attention to detail will mean the candidate has a well-developed eye for grammar and formatting errors, whilst excellent planning and organisational skills will mean that deadlines are not missed.
Essential requirements are:
- Attention to detail is a pre-requisite
- An interest in, and working knowledge of the equine industry
- Understanding of the role of PR in the marketing mix
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and schedule workload
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Computer literate including websites, social media landscape, MS Office, and Adobe Suite essential
- Able to work within a team environment across a multidiscipline office
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Good time keeping is essential
- You must be confident and professional in your approach and will need to have a friendly and personable manner.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Maintain smooth running of Press Office and maximising the profile of the venue and events in the media
- Handle media and public enquiries
- Ensure a "forward look" system in place to co-ordinate PR traffic and ensure a planned, steady flow of items to target media.
- Utilise company’s resources to create engaging content for press releases, newsletters and editorial copy to agreed target deadlines
- Actively seek out potential PR opportunities and develop relationships with key journalists across a range of media titles
- Develop, plan and deliver advertising and press campaigns, including social media
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate media activities and special events
- Work closely with integrated marketing team to develop the marketing strategy
- Manage online monitoring tools; Google Analytics, Hootsuite
- Using web content management systems, keeping websites updated
- Digital marketing techniques such as PPC, SEO and email marketing
- Work across departments to identify media opportunities
- Develop contacts to secure coverage in a range of media
- Produce media strategies, press releases, comments and articles
There will be the expectation to work a minimum of 8 weekend days. There is a requirement for additional hours within the remit and salary of the post both prior to and during events, including working off site staying away from home during events.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent upon experience
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES