Ballinger Equine is a leading first-opinion equine veterinary practice. Clinical excellence, integrity, horse welfare and outstanding client service are at the heart of what we do.
A lean, efficient, fast-paced, professional services firm, we operate from modern offices in a tranquil rural setting.
The practice provides equine veterinary care and performance management services to a wide range of clients across elite international athletes, professional competition, and race yards, showing yards, privately owned pleasure and leisure horses and ponies, riding schools, RDA facilities and retired family-best-friends.
Due to continued year-on-year growth, we are recruiting an additional Practice Administrator. This appointment offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to play a central role at a key stage in the development of the business. Internal advancement is encouraged.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, key responsibilities are:
- Providing executive support to the Clinical Director.
- Managing the Clinical Director’s appointments.
- Assisting with the Clinical Director’s correspondence and clinical notes.
- Liaison with other veterinary practices, hospitals and laboratories.
- Assisting with the efficient handling of client enquiries throughout the day
- Working with the admin team to manage fast-changing logistics and efficient routing of veterinary surgeons’ schedules in real time.
- Ensuring data on the Practice Management System is accurate and complete.
- Supporting the clinical team with information whilst they are out on visits.
- Analyse, report and forecast key performance and management data.
- Performing additional tasks as required by the Managing Director.
- Ensuring GDPR and data security/protection compliance at all times.
The successful candidate:
- Will proactively support our core values and demonstrate their understanding of what it takes to deliver equine veterinary excellence 24/7, 365.
- Does not need experience from within the veterinary sector, but probably will have experience of professional services or customer service.
- Will recognise this super opportunity for a positive, adaptable, enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys playing a proactive role within a committed, energetic and happy team.
- Enjoys data analysis, reporting and forecasting management information and KPIs.
- Exhibits the highest standard of personal presentation at all times.
- Has aptitude, an excellent telephone manner and first-class written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Recognises that accuracy and attention to detail are paramount as is strict adherence to GDPR, client confidentiality and data security.
- Scans the horizon for issues, recognising challenges and potential opportunities, and has the mental agility to implement solutions to problems before they arise.
- Retains and intelligently links information, anticipating client and clinical team needs.
- Has excellent organisational skills, advanced working knowledge of MS Office software, particularly MS Excel.
- Can evidence their understanding and knowledge of horses and ponies and show an active interest in equestrian and countryside sports.
What we offer:
- Salary is negotiable according to qualifications and experience.
- Award-winning, highly regarded, premium-brand professional services firm.
- Located in an attractive rural location.
- Discount scheme for veterinary treatment of staff-owned horses and ponies*
- Financial support for appropriate CPD.*
- Smart uniform provided.
- Free secure, on-site parking.
- Friendly, happy, highly respected, mutually supportive, professional colleagues.
- Unrivalled opportunity for personal growth within a successful, expanding and sector-leading business.
*subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter stating your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES