Ballinger Equine is a multi-award-winning first-opinion equine veterinary practice. Clinical excellence, integrity, horse welfare and outstanding client service are at the heart of what we do.
A lean, efficient, fast-paced, professional services firm, we operate from modern offices in a tranquil rural setting.
The practice provides equine veterinary care and performance management services to a wide range of clients including elite international athletes, professional competition and race yards, showing yards, privately owned pleasure and leisure horses and ponies, riding schools, RDA facilities and retired family-best-friends.
Due to continued year-on-year growth, we are recruiting a Practice Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to play a central role at a key stage in the development of the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, key responsibilities are:
- Providing executive support to the Clinical Director.
- Managing the busy office.
- Liaison with other veterinary practices, hospitals and laboratories.
- Overseeing the efficient handling of client enquiries throughout the day.
- Working with the admin team to manage fast-changing logistics and efficient routing of veterinary surgeons’ schedules in real time.
- Ensuring data on the Practice Management System is accurate and complete.
- Analyse, report and forecast key performance and management data.
- Performing additional tasks as required by the Managing Director.
- Ensuring GDPR and data security/protection compliance.
The successful candidate:
- Supports our core values and demonstrates understanding of what it takes to deliver equine veterinary excellence 24/7, 365.
- Is a positive, adaptable, enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working collegiately in a committed, energetic and happy team.
- Enjoys data analysis, reporting and forecasting management information and KPIs.
- Upholds the highest standard of personal presentation.
- Has an excellent telephone manner and first-class written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Recognises that accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
- Scans the horizon for issues, identifying challenges and potential opportunities, and has the mental agility to implement solutions to problems before they arise.
- Retains and intelligently links information, anticipating client and clinical team needs.
- Has excellent organisational skills, advanced working knowledge of MS Office software, particularly MS Excel.
- Can evidence their understanding and knowledge of horses and ponies and show an active interest in equestrian and countryside sports.
What we offer:
- Salary is between £35k and £42k.
- Membership of the practice private healthcare insurance scheme.
- Discount scheme for veterinary treatment of staff-owned horses and ponies*.
- Financial support for appropriate CPD.*
- Smart uniform provided.
- Free secure, on-site parking.
- On-site café.
- Friendly, happy, highly respected, mutually supportive, professional colleagues.
- Unrivalled opportunity for personal growth within a successful, expanding and sector-leading business.
*subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter stating your suitability to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES