Reporting to: Product Innovation Manager
Location: Dundalk, Co Louth
Horseware Ireland, one of the equestrian industry’s best-known consumer brands are seeking a Product Design Assistant to join our team in our HQ in Dundalk. This is an exciting time to join this internationally renowned and award-winning business.
This position will assist with the delivery of the end to end product development process in the equine category within Horseware’s Research & Development department. A key element will be assisting with technical development with a focus on CAD programs such as Soildworks. As a Product Design Assistant, you will support all aspects of development of new products ensuring business needs are met.
- Collaborate with the R&D design team on all parts of the design & development process in conjunction with seasonal timelines
- Support product development including design drafting, prototyping and pre-production sampling
- Researching & identifying trends & predictions for product improvements, style developments, colours, fabrics & features.
- Maintaining of technical drawings & specification databases
- Market Research: Actively monitoring competitor and market intelligence
- Be part of the global Horseware team to help develop products that meet customer’s requirements and supersede market trends
- Third level degree in Product Design, Engineering or Design
- Proficient in CAD programming such as Solid Works, Gerber or Optitex (Critical Skill)
- A love of horses and equine knowledge (Critical Skill)
- Proficient with the Adobe design packages
- Excellent communication
- Innovative thinker with aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to work individually, as well as part of a large, cross functional team
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Willing to travel
- Knowledge of fabrics & materials is an advantage
- Continuous professional development
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Service Days
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking
- Staff discount
Please Note: CVs without accompanying portfolios or examples of past work will not be considered - Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES