Racesafe is a leading equestrian brand specialising in safety and apparel. We are seeking an experienced Designer to join our growing business. If you are a talented and ambitious individual who could be at the forefront of developing new and existing product lines, then this role could be for you.
The successful candidate must be passionate about product, confident and highly self-motivated. The role is based at our Northamptonshire office, where there is a friendly and supportive team to help welcome the successful candidate into the role. An attractive salary (experience dependent) and package are on offer for the right person in this important role.
- Through in-depth market research and customer awareness, identify and realise new product and design opportunities aligned to our overall strategy.
- Work across multiple categories to diversify the product range.
- Through strong understanding of fabric, engineering, fit and quality, produce CAD designs to a high technical standard.
- Manage technical specifications, to include specialist knowledge of techniques, materials & construction methods.
- Interact with the internal production team on a regular basis to problem solve issues and progress opportunities.
- Develop relationships with factories & suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Responsible for ensuring that each of the designs are produced to the desired specifications, quality and price.
- Deliver superior product from concept to completion, including all branding, labelling & packaging.
- Accountable for all sample tracking, co-ordination & comments up to and including pre-production samples.
- Work to meet deadlines in a busy hands-on environment.
- The position is UK based, but travelling abroad may be required.
- A relevant design or industrial design qualification to BA (Hons) standard or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 Year experience.
- Previous experience working for a brand preferable, but not essential.
- Must have a detailed understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about product with a high attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You will strive for continuous improvement in process and product specifications.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Proficient IT user including use of CAD, Photoshop and illustrator
If you have the relevant skills and experience to join our dynamic brand, if you live in the right area and want to be at the forefront of product design and safety then please get in touch.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES