We are looking for a highly motivated Purchase Manager to join our friendly team.
Zebra Products is one of the UK’s leading premium equestrian distributors. We specialise in supplying saddleries up and down the country with exclusive brands such as Cavallo, Equipe & Uvex.
The role requirements are detailed below. All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years purchasing experience, not necessarily within the equestrian industry. Successful applicants will receive full training, a competitive salary, company pension, plus an excellent staff discount programme.
This role is the perfect opportunity for somebody who already has purchasing experience and is looking for an opportunity to build upon these skills in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
This is a permanent full-time position Monday-Friday 9am-5pm based in Flint, North Wales.
Main tasks will include:
- Managing the effective buying and distribution of your own portfolio of premium brands
- Working closely alongside our existing purchasing team and the MD to develop buying strategy
- Analysing sales data and trends
- Planning & purchasing for the forthcoming year
- Maximising sales performance and profit to meet/exceed sales targets
- Working closely with our branded supply base and fostering good relations
- Managing stock holding levels to balance product availability vs customer demand, ensuring that the right stock is available at the right time
- Make decisions that maximise profitability for the company
- Implementing and monitoring correct procedures within the department
- Helping with training and development to support others in delivering a high level of service
- Working closely with the customer service and warehouse teams to meet customer needs and deliver satisfaction
- Receiving deliveries and booking goods in
- Always looking for better ways to work-process of continuous improvement
- CRM system administration
Attitude and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years purchasing experience
- Usage of Microsoft office programmes, especially Excel
- Strong commercial acumen
- High level of accuracy
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Organisational, prioritising and planning skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Proactive in learning about our organisation's products and keeping up to date with changes
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills/creative thinking to find better ways to work
- Team player
- Highly professional attitude
- Equestrian knowledge is an advantage
In your application, please confirm the following details;
How many years of purchasing experience you have
Your current salary
If you want to be part of our herd, please apply via email or post, enclosing a covering letter, your current CV and salary details to – Leah Rae, HR Manager, Zebra Products Ltd, 38 Manor Industrial Estate, Flint, Flintshire, CH6 5UY – email firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st May 2021.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES