Salary - £19,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Printing Services team for two Racecard Assistants. The role will involve the daily production of racecards and the supply of racecard information to external racecard producers. This role is based in our Wellingborough Office.
- Copy preparation of racecards, proof reading, pagination and checking, ensuring that the work carried out is checked according to the individual job bag for that course. Update these details on the master copy as and when necessary and ensure all work undertaken is as thorough and as accurate as possible and completed within the agreed timescales to meet the required delivery to the racecourse.
- Ensure each individual racecourse’s data is kept up to date with the most recent racecard copy and ensure the removal of any outdated files from the course directories.
- Liaise with racecourse personnel, advertisers and sponsors in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring that all requirements for each racecard have been completed prior to the morning of the overnight declarations.
- Ensure that racecourses are made fully aware of the pagination of their Racecard on a meeting by meeting basis and ensure that each Racecard pagination plan is the most cost effective for both Weatherbys and the racecourse.
- Display an appropriate level of competence in all aspects of racecard compilation and be conversant and compliant with all racecard procedures that are in place within the area.
For this role you will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work flexibly, to strict deadlines and under pressure. A good knowledge of Horse Racing is desirable. You will need GCSE Grade C or above in Math’s and English.
Weatherbys upholds the principles of equality and diversity and actively promotes opportunity for all employees, both current and prospective.
To apply, please use the apply online button above.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES