We are seeking a Sales Executive, who will be working across a portfolio of national events, including the Horse of the Year Show, and British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show.
The Post (Trade Stands for all events)
- Research new sales leads, organise and implement mail outs for pro-active activity.
- Professional handling of all enquiries and bookings to assist in the conversion of various revenue streams (Hospitality, Accommodation, Champions’ Bar, Season Tickets, M&M Tickets and Membership Packages).
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards with all trade stand exhibitors.
- Works with internal departments so that all trade stands plans meet the venue(s) requirements.
- Liaise with trade stand exhibitors on a day-to-day basis including marketing, contractual matters, finances and health and safety elements, including issuing pre and post show information.
- Prepare and issue contracts – liaising with all relevant internal departments, to ensure the smooth communication and activation for trade stand exhibitors.
- Monitor all trade stands exhibitor payments and contracts.
- Track the effectiveness of all trade stand proactive efforts against agreed performance measures.
- Attending shows as part of the relationship development and new business search for trade stands.
Tasks at Event
- Managing the build-up and breakdown of trade stand holders
- Liaise with the suppliers/contractors to ensure all elements of the trade stand/retail village are as required, dealing with on-site concerns from exhibitors.
- Assist with a variety of situations/issues at the show (many under pressure).
- Experience in a hands on, full time, sales role.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, with an eye for detail
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills.
- Numerate and literate with experience of various IT packages including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Office/Publisher.
- Effective communication & negotiation skills with a wide variety of people (written & verbal).
- Good inter personal skills, team player with the ability to work with other internal teams, with a positive and friendly outlook.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritising to meet deadlines, juggling workload and multi-tasking.
- Self-motivated, managing own time and working alone where necessary as well as part of a team
- Experience/knowledge of the equestrian industry.
- Experience/knowledge of trade stand exhibitions will be valuable.
There will be the expectation to work a minimum of 8 weekend days. There is a requirement for additional hours within the remit and salary of the post both prior to and during events, including working off site staying away from home during events.We are offering a competitive salary including 20 days holiday.
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES