Grandstand Media Limited (GML), organisers of the prestigious Horse of the Year Show and the British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show are currently looking for a knowledgeable and proactive sales person to join the team as a Sponsorship Sales Executive.
The role will suit a driven sales person who is confident at generating leads and has the ability to see this process through from start to finish. The primary focus of this role will be to develop partnership opportunities for both events, whilst maintaining existing business with a strong requirement to account manage customers throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have experience of target and performance driven objectives.
This is a full time position principally based at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire although the role will also involve some travel and for you to be based on-site during events. This currently involves one week stay at Stoneleigh Park in August and eight days at Birmingham’s NEC in October (at the company’s expense). Due to the nature of the industry there may also be a requirement for you to work weekends when required.
- Deliver the sales campaign, selling sponsorship packages via telesales and face-to-face
- Professional management of existing accounts, maximising opportunities to ‘upsell’ and ensuring all sponsorship activation plans and fulfilment reports are delivered
- Timely and professional handling of all enquiries
- Researching new sales leads and identifying potential sponsors
- Understanding each client’s needs and marketing objectives to create bespoke sponsorship packages
- Working to deadlines and targets as set by the Event Director and Commercial Sales Manager
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline
- Providing timely and accurate weekly and monthly sales reports
- Working closely with the Commercial Sales Manager and Marketing Department to lay out effective campaigns to support the sales effort
- Be proactive in supporting the other revenue streams such as trade stands, advertising, hospitality, accommodation, champions bar and ticket packages
- Building and maintaining a sound knowledge of the industry, attending competitor events where necessary, maintaining client relationships and expanding the database
- Maintaining a professional attitude at all times with a proactive approach to helping the company achieve its organisational goals
- Assisting on other shows and events as required
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRE
Highly motivated with a genuine will to succeed
- Two/Three years’ consultative sales experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrable track record
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent relationship and rapport building skills
- Experience in maintaining sales databases, reporting sales figures and understanding revenue streams
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tact
- Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a target driven environment
- Creative flair and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in all MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE SEND YOUR COVER LETTER, CV AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS TO
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES