Horse Health Ltd, owners of the LeMieux brand, one of the fastest developing brands, are expanding their manufacturing & wholesale operation supplying high quality products to the equestrian market all over the world.
Due to continued success and development, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Trade Manager. We are looking for a highly driven individual with a genuine interest and passion for supporting the growth and development of Horse Health Trade and the LeMieux brand to the UK and international markets.
This is an extremely busy, fast paced and varied role based from our offices in Romsey, Hampshire. We are looking for someone with a passion for equine products and the equestrian industry backed up by sound equine and business knowledge. You will have a proven ability to manage customers at all levels and be a real team player, capable of managing and supporting a small team and flexible enough to assist with the day to day trade sales administration.
Reporting directly to the Directors, this role will involve:
- Managing trade and distributor customer accounts with a genuine interest in supporting and developing their growth.
- Rapport building with existing and potential customers.
- Regular proactive communication and after sales service / follow ups – particularly international accounts.
- Identify opportunities for promotion and growth.
- Support and manage a small team admin staff and field sales representatives and agents in the UK and abroad.
- Ensure a constant and sufficient flow of orders to the packing team to ensure daily processing targets are met, liaising closely with the warehouse and stock production team.
- Assist with day to day trade administration – process orders, monitor and manage back orders and general enquiries from trade customers throughout the world by telephone and email.
- Maintain CRM / database of trade customers (UK & International).
- Process and approve or decline new trade account applications according to qualifying criteria.
- Monitor customer activity to ensure expected level of brand representation.
- Produce regular customer activity and performance reports for Directors and Sales Representatives.
- Oversee distribution of PR/Marketing materials / POS etc. to stockists. Liaison with in-house Designer as necessary.
- Oversee preparation for and attend trade exhibition events in the UK and Europe in particular BETA and SPOGA.
- Opportunity to visit stockists and distributors abroad.
The successful candidate will:
- Be outgoing, proactive and self-sufficient – someone who will just get on with the job!
- Be flexible – happy to muck in with the general admin and order processing.
- Be numeracy and IT proficient as you will need to adapt to and utilise in-house CRM / Accounts systems (OGL-Profit Plus). You will be involved with client and agent reporting and development. Able to use Microsoft Office, particularly proficient in Excel / Word.
- Second Languages, of any proficiency, particularly French and German a considerable advantage.
- Face to face sales experience beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
To succeed in this exciting role, you will need to think ahead and out of the box, work well under pressure and to deadlines. You will be able to manage your time effectively and always be willing to go the extra mile. You will be highly driven, enthusiastic, flexible and organised with an all-important sense of humour!
If you believe you are up for the challenge and would like to join our team, apply with your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by post to:
The Office Manager
Please state Equine Careers when applying for this vacancy.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES